Helping change your focus on mortgage loan quality control to see more business.
Problems that seem small can eat away at the value of your business and ultimately your professional reputation. Unlike the larger companies, we work closely with you as your mortgage compliance partner to spot errors and trends that can lead to costly mistakes.
Mortgage regulations aren’t set in stone. You need a strong foundation. Meet and connect with our Leadership Team.>
Our hands-on approach to quality control takes a load off your mind.
Our mortgage quality control staff performs loan reviews and provides a complete analysis of credit, collateral and compliance. From pre-funding to post-closing we ensure that all loan file selections are structured to comply with investor and agency requirements and guidelines.
We accept mortgage loan files and other imaged documents via file transfer protocol (SFTP) or through the BlitzDocs system. We are a Certified Due Diligence and QC Provider with Xerox Mortgage Services BlitzDocs, a secure paperless imaging platform.
Our online communications portal allows our clients to interact and communicate with us electronically once each mortgage loan review is completed, while ensuring you get a hands-on approach that’s better hands down. But we don’t just hand the compliance results over to you. We give you background on how we got there using a state-of-the-art software system that’s cutting edge, not cookie cutter.
For a limited time, receive 10% off the cost of your first month’s pre-funding quality control reviews. For your discount details or to get a free quote contact Betsy Reynolds at 855-734-7655 or send us a message through our contact page.
Pre-funding quality control loan reviews
Our pre-funding (pre-closing) quality control loan file reviews, which we provide within 24 – 48 hours of receipt, assist in identifying and reducing errors before the loan closes. Regulatory Solutions performs pre-funding quality control loan file reviews to ensure loans meet applicable agency requirements for collateral, credit, compliance, and capacity of mortgage loan applicants. Our pre-funding quality control loan file reviews include:
- Validation that certain required documents are in the loan file and are complete and that the data relied on by the client making the underwriting decision is accurate.
- Validation of information in the application and credit report.
- Integrity of data entered into an automated underwriting system.
- Review of Income calculations and supporting documentation and employment documentation, including verbal verification of employment.
- Review of assets needed to close or meet reserve requirements.
- Appraisal validation
- Red Flags review
- Occupancy intent
- Eligibility criteria
- Verification that required disclosures are in the file.
Visit our Pre-funding Quality Control contact page to ask questions or request more detailed information.
Using cutting edge technology, we complete a full and comprehensive review of every mortgage loan, carefully evaluating and monitoring the overall quality of your mortgage loan’s production. Our comprehensive approach and checklist system complies with guidelines in accordance with all loans types from conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) to government (FHA, VA, USDA/Rural Housing) as well as the Federal Home Loan Bank. Our reviews are completed in accordance with Agency guidelines, federal and state regulatory requirements and any special documentation that is unique to your business. Our Post Closing quality control loan file reviews include a full review of each loan file to ensure compliance with:
- Client’s Quality Control Plan including policies and procedures.
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Rural Development, and Federal Home Loan Bank’s investor guidelines and requirements including agency documentation requirements and insurer and guarantor requirements.
- Evaluation of underwriting decisions and approval conditions and review of underwriting supporting documents.
- Comprehensive compliance review to determine compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and with investor and agency compliance and closing requirements.
- Review of disclosures for accuracy by comparing them to source documents and allowing for timing requirements.
- Verification of the existence of all required legal and other required documentation that should be in the file.
- Field and/or desk review of appraisals.
- Reverifications are performed of all employment, income, credit reports, deposits, assets, tax returns, and other information as required on each loan file.
- Checks for fraud and red flag Indicators.
Servicing quality control loan reviews
Our servicing quality control loan reviews cover loan level testing of servicing functions including:
- New Loan Boarding
- Routine Servicing
- Payment Processing
- Loss Mitigation
- Servicing Transfers
- Escrow Administration
- Payoffs and Satisfactions
- ARM Adjustments
- Lending Compliance
Early payment defaults
Regulatory Solutions performs reviews of any mortgage loan that becomes an Early Payment Default (as defined by the Agency or private investor guidelines) within the time limits specified by the Agency or private investor to assess the reasons for default, to see whether the loan originated in compliance with investor guidelines and to determine if fraud was involved.
Our early payment default reviews include:
- Reverification of income and employment
- Review of sources of funds and credit reports
- Appraisal review
- Review of loan eligibility requirements
Denied and withdrawn file reviews
Withdrawn and denied loans are reviewed to ensure that the applicable Fair Lending laws are followed including the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Regulation B, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and Regulation Z. The review determines if the reasons for rejection were valid for the loan being denied, if the loan files were properly documented in accordance with all regulatory requirements, and that any required policies were provided to all borrowers within the required time period.